Friday, May 13, 2011

Salade de Fruits


Ok, it doesn’t get any simpler than this! Fresh fruit salad, so simple and yet so good.   

People always ask me for specific things they can do to get more fruits and vegetables in their diet.  Well here it is.  When I do my grocery shopping, I fill my basket with fresh fruit.  I try to include seasonal and local fruit whenever possible.  When I get home… and here’s the trick… I don’t just put the fruit in the crisper and hope that I get to it sometime during the week.  I get out a good size container, my cutting board and a knife, and get chopping.  In 10 minutes, I have fresh fruit salad for the week.  I take some with me to work and enjoy it with yogurt, it makes the perfect snack.  It also makes a sweet and refreshing dessert.


This fruit salad in particular had the following ingredients, but use whatever you like!

1 Manila mango
1 small can of pineapple chunks (fresh would be great too)
1 Granny Smith apple
1 orange
½ pink grapefruit
about 15 black seedless grapes, sliced in half
2 kiwi fruit

Fresh, simple, and delicious!

Photography by: Melissa LeBlanc

No comments:

Post a Comment