Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I can't believe it's kale!

I know that I have posted several recipes with kale in them (Greens and Bacon and Bowl of Awesome), but I can't help it, I just love it so much that I had to post this recipe as well.  I promise that I will move on to other luscious veggies now that spring has arrived and new things are in season.

This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and you will convince the greatest of skeptics that kale is addictive!  All you need to do is find a fresh bunch of kale (any variety works), wash and dry the leaves well (remove the tough stems), season and bake!  The amazing thing about these is that they actually do taste like potato chips, and the best part is that you can flavour them with a variety of spices and seasonings.  Here's the basic recipe:

Ingredients

1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of salt

Directions

Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.

Wash and dry the kale leaves removing the stems.  Cut them into 1 1/2 inch pieces.  Place them onto a cookie sheet as a single layer, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt.  Get your hands in there and give it a good mix to evenly coat the leaves.

Bake them in the oven until slighly brown on the edges but not burnt, they should be light and crispy.

As I mentioned, this is the basic recipe, but if you want to go for something a little more adventurous, try making salt and vinegar kale chips using 1 - 2 tbsp of your vinegar of choice instead of the olive oil, you can also go for a smoky flavour by adding 1 tsp of smoked paprika or chipotle powder to the basic recipe.

Photography by: Melissa LeBlanc

No comments:

Post a Comment